by Duerma Whistlescrew-Coilbrush
Hi everybody! It’s time to look at another totally awesome addon! This week’s addon is called Overachiever! One of my favorite things to do is to try to get shiny achievements for stuff, and this addon makes it way totally easier!
To be honest, I’ve been using this for so long that I feel totally lost if I don’t have it for some reason! It’s just so stinking useful! My favorite part about it is that it integrates seamlessly with the existing interface, so there’s no difficult learning curve or weird options to figure out – you just get it and go!
- Probably the most incredibly useful thing this addon gives you is the ability to search achievements! How many times have you wanted to share a certain achievement with someone, or you wanted to check the criteria for something, and you just can’t remember where it is? This totally happens to me ALL THE TIME when I want to look at achievements that you do when raiding in Northrend! As you can see from the picture above, you can search for text in the name, description, or criteria, and it’ll totally show you everything that matches.
- While the search is cool, I think that the suggestions tab is my FAVORITE! This tab gives you a list of suggestions for the zone you are in! So, for instance, let’s say you’re in the Vortex Pinnacle. It’ll automatically tell you that you should try for the Extra Credit Bonus Stage and for No Static at All while you are in there! Cool, huh?
- Another sweet thing this addon adds is hidden info! When you look at an achievement, it tells you if it’s a step in a series, or if it’s a criterion for a bigger achievement! It will also fix tooltips to actually show your progress. You can also Ctrl+Click on achievement to open it in the big achievement window instead of just having to squint at the tooltip!
- This addon ALSO adds notes to tooltips! This makes it easy to tell at a glance if you need to give an animal some love, kill a pest, or eat a certain food in order to progress toward an achievement! It also works for holiday achievements, such as throwing rose petals at people or stuffing pumpkins on people’s heads!
- Finally, we have the tradeskill notes! If you want to be a master chef, you have to practice making one of EVERY recipe you learn in Outland and Northrend! There’s also an achievement for making one of every recipe you learn from the cooking quest guys! This addon will automatically star the ones in your recipe book that you know but have not made, so you don’t have to search for the achievement to remember what you’ve made and what you haven’t!
So, there you have it, folks! If you like to chase achievements, you should totally get this one! I seriously can’t live without it, and I’m sure you won’t be able to either, once you try it! Stay tuned for another installment of Duerma’s Addon Extravaganza soon!